NW logo banner
                   
       
The NW Committee
   
             
               
 
HOME ABOUT US EVENTS SECURITY NEWSLETTER CONTACT US LEGAL DOCS LINKS
 

 

Minutes from the Committee Meeting Tuesday 6th December 2016

 

MINUTES OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON
TUESDAY 6th DECEMBER 2016 AT MEDWAY POLICE STATION.

PRESENT:


David Duncombe – Chairman/treasurer
Maria Jarvis – Vice Chairman/secretary
Rosemary Roberts – Minutes secretary
Mark Botting
Gloria Faram
Tony Faram
Adrianne Kinloch
George McCarthy
lan Sears
Frank Watton
Erin Scott - VWLO

Guests: John Haddaway and Anne Reid

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:

None

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:

Amendments: Regarding election of officers RR will continue as minutes secretary.
Section 8, AK not AJ as stated will sit on the sub committee.
Section 9, Wilkinsons also donated a £10 voucher. Otherwise they were proposed as a correct record of
events by TF and seconded by GM.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

Regarding the question as to whether NhWatch will become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation,
(CIO) DD reported back to say that there would be no changes to the current situation.

 

4. FINANCIAL REPORT:

DD presented the financial report to the committee, a copy of which will be filed with the Minutes.
Proposed by RR and seconded by AK

 

5. REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS:

DD attended a meeting with Jason Wenlock Acting Chief Inspector and George Cook
Police and Crime Commissioner, to discuss how NhWatch and the police could work together
in a mutually beneficial way in the fight against crime. CI Wenlock was asking for more information
to be passed on to the police where possible
and would like to see NhWatch promoted to encourage others to participate.
AK and GM would like to see more feedback from police as what happens when incidents are reported. Ultimately,
NhWatch coordinators are volunteers and cannot be expected to replace police.
DD also spoke of plans to extend the existing ‘Country Eye’ scheme to cover all aspects of NhWatch,
with the possibility of funding available to pay people to run this new scheme.

 


6. CONFERENCE (2017):

MJ distributed the minutes of the recent initial Conference sub committee, and discussed the plans so far.
The police dog demo as previously suggested cannot now go ahead as there are only three available for
the whole county on that day. The committee will meet again in the New Year. (ACTION MJ, RR, AK)

 

7. FUNDRAISING EVENTS: & MEDIA:

MJ has not been able to contact Christine Hubbard for dates for the Musical Evening.
She is still researching prices/info about promotion stand materials. (ACTION MJ)
GM requested security items to take to sell at his local meeting.

 

8. NEWSLETTER PROMOTIONS AND MEDIA:

No newsletter due until the New Year.
MJ considered sending out a brief one via email, but has no new information to present.


9. UPDATE ON PROPOSED AMALGAMATION:

This issue was again discussed, but it was unclear as to how this would work in practice.
The committee wondered if the North Kent coordinators were aware of this proposal and whether they had
been asked if any of them would be prepared to take on the Chairman role.
Erin agreed to email all of them to explain the situation and ask them. Another suggestion was that we should invite
the existing North Kent Committee to a Medway meeting to see how they see the future of their association. (ACTION ES)


10. NEWSLETTER PROMOTIONS AND MEDIA:

DD proposed that John Haddaway should become a committee member. This was agreed unanimously.
MJ asked MB to do the write-ups for future Neighbourhood Watch events. AK described an event she attended recently-
‘The Annual Pensioners Advice and Information Fayre’ at the Victory Academy in Magpie Hall Road Chatham.
She suggested that this would be a good venue for a NhWatch promotional stand.
MJ regretted the lack of information now whereby NhWatch is left ‘out of the loop’ of these relevant events.


This meeting closed at 21.00 hrs


Next meeting August 9th.

 

View the Archive

 

Back to Events page

 

 

 
         
free counter